This week...going local

1: 
I had a lovely morning tea for two at a new local cafe Urban Kitchen in Naas.

The lemon and raspberry tart was scrumptious, the seating was comfy (very important in my book) and the atmosphere was sunny and chilled out.
They had very cute little tea pots and I love their decor 

Old timber crates fixed to the wall hold vintage ephemera, grain sacks, crockery and old suitcases.

They've created a fantastic centre piece of old lampshades all covered in an eclectic mix of materials. 

2: 

I was at a small businesses Conference earlier in March at the RDS when I happened to catch a talk by Joanne Hession. (see below)

It was really fantastic and I bought the book she co-wrote with Joan Baker afterwards, Don't get a Job, Build a Business I started reading it this week and I can't tell you how good it is to read a business help book that s taken from a LOCAL Irish perspective.

I also may have bought a new mug at the Farmers Market in Naas last Saturday. This one is amazing it fits in so much tea and its pretty too.

3:
How cute does my dog look watching House of Cards? 
 Yes I know it doesn't really fit in with the 'going local' theme but who could resist that face. 


Have a great weekend everyone. 

xx V 



No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about