Packaging: Part Deux

Last week I shared a bit about how I package my products when I'm shipping them. 

I showed you how I add an extra little touch to the outside of my parcels, this week I thought I would give you a sneak peek of what's inside 

I had a big order of Wedding Pencils to ship to America and while I wanted to make sure they were all safely wrapped up I think that when you are buying (and selling) handmade one of the best parts of it is when you get your parcel it is PERSONALISED. That extra something that we talked about last week. 

 As you can see there were a lot of pencils to wrap up 


For the set in the box (pictured above) I made a little tag, with a note from me on the back, to pull up the first pencil.


The customer had chosen 5 different definitions so I wrapped each bunch of pencils in brown paper and tied  either end with some cute black and white bakers twine.


The bunches were sealed with a label and the 'definition' inside was written on it.


I use recycled boxes for all my packaging whenever possible, I find shops are more than happy to give you their unwanted packaging. All you have to do is ask and the worst they can say is no.


I make sure to add bubble wrap around the edges to keep them safe, then its time to seal it all up and I wrap the outer packet in brown paper again.

I spend time on packaging each order and I like to think of the customer opening it at the other end. All part of the service as they say. 

Hope you enjoyed the post.

xx V

2 comments:

Sonya Kanelstrand said...

So beautiful! The pencils and the packaging. Ah, I would be flattered to receive a shipment from you, you put so much love in your work! It is so important to show respect and attention and I am sure your customers appreciate your efforts.

Vanessa said...

Thank you Sonya! I hope so.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about