The Craft Corner: Packaging

A huge part of my concept as a designer is to reuse and recycle as much as I can. So I like to continue with this when it comes to my packaging. 


One thing I have found is that you don't want to make the exterior of your shipped goods too pretty looking as in the beginning the few times I did this I found they would get 'misplaced' between the postoffice and reaching my client. 

So I tend to keep my outer packaging quite neutral but I do like to add a nice touch here and there. 

I reuse old envelopes or wrap my products first in bubble wrap then with brown paper. I then use a brown paper tape that I get from Ecoland an Irish eco friendly company. I love the look of it and best of all it is recyclable.


To create the cute scalloped edge around the address label you need the following 

Brown paper tape 
Kids decorative scissors ( I bought a whole set of these in Inspiring Ideas 
and although originally meant for the kids craft classes I ended up using them myself) 

Then simply cut strips of tape to fit each side of the label and cut one edge with the decorative scissors! 


So simple but it adds that extra touch to your product. 

xx V 

(the packaging labels are supplied to me by notonthehighstreet.co.uk where I have a shop)

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about