This week...

Well this week I...

#1
 I saw out 2012 and welcomed the new year in a very civilised manner with Jool's Hollanhds Hootenanny. But then, chatting to a friend later on in the week she tells me that ITS NOT LIVE! He had us all fooled. In hindsight it did seem a little unbelievable that he could manage to get all that fame into one room on New Years. There goes that bubble. Pop

#2
Just before Christmas I was contacted by an indie band called Third Smoke. I had mentioned loving Bon Iver's Skinny love in this post and they mentioned doing a cover of a Bon Iver song, which I loved. They sent me on some of their original songs and these boys are talented.  I couldn't decide what one I loved more so here are my top two. Definitely a band to watch this year!



You can catch them in The Grand Social on Sunday the 27th of January in Dublin

#3

 This ties in with No 2. In the same post I talked about discovering another new musician that I loved, Vincent McMorrow and that I ordered his album. Well it arrived in the post and I have been listening to it on repeat ever since. His voice is so hauntingly beautiful. Couldn't recommend it more.



 #4

  I booked a little road trip away for my Birthday next week. Just to Kinsale in Co. Cork, but I am looking forward to sea air and fingers crossed some scrummy sea food. One place I can't wait to grab a bite at is Fishy Fishy Restaurant. I shall report back.

Have a great weekend.

xx V

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about