Beasts of the Southern Wild...

"And it all goes quiet behind my eyes and I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces, I see that I'm a little piece of a big big universe" 


Beasts of the Southern Wild  is the kind of film that on paper really shouldn't work. With a director, Benh Zeitlin,who has never directed a feature length film before and a star, Quvenzhane Wallis,who has never acted before already you are on shaky ground. Then throw in the script which asks Wallis, all of 6 years old, to carry the weight of the film pretty squarely on her shoulders alone and even the most optimistic of fans would be trembling. But by all accounts, and the many awards that it is garnering, it works. In fact it seems to be beguiling, shining and sparkling it's way into the hearts of everyone who sees it.

Check out the trailer below and be enchanted; I was.



xx V

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about