Well said...

 Every once and a while I stop in on Steve McCurry's photography blog. It is obviously mainly visually based, McCurry being a world renowned photographer and all. And I don't think you need me to tell you that he snaps a pretty picture. But I have to say what draws me back again and again to the site are the quotes he chooses to accompany his photographs. They are always apt, often endearing and never fail to hit just the right note.

If we are a metaphor of the universe,
the human couple is the metaphor par excellence,
the point of intersection of all forces and the seed of all forms.

The couple is time recaptured, the return to the time before time.

– Octavio Paz, Mexico, Nobel Laureate in Literature

 Macedonia (above) 

'The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of.' - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 1670
 
 Dublin, Ireland (above)


A door just opened on a street–
I, lost, was passing by–
An instant’s width of warmth disclosed
And wealth, and company.
 
The door as sudden shut, and I,
I, lost, was passing by,–
Lost doubly, but by contrast most,
Enlightening misery. 
 
- Emily Dickinson

Maimana, Afghanistan. 
 
'Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky'
- Kahlil Gibran

France (above)

Also on a side note if you happen to be in Rome before the end of April you should try to catch an exhibition of McCurry's work in the cities Museum of Contemporary Art, MACRO.

xx V

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about