Easter time

 I really wanted to get some Easter themed decorations done for my stand at the Market tomorrow but its not looking like its going to happen. So instead I'm going to pick out some of my favourites, close my eyes and pretend really really hard.

I was reminded recently that wreaths are not just for Easter...

I think willow would be a good material to use as the wreath base then weave in some fresh, or for longevity fake, flowers, tiny fluffy feathers and of course don't forget the eggs.

By Jane Means (above)


The delicate art of the painted egg, how amazing are these ones...


But these ones beat them all hands down


By Beth Magnuson, she carves these beautiful creations from actual, real eggs.


Here is how she described making this Handcarved Chicken Egg

'Before carving my design, I mask a portion of the egg shell with beeswax and to allow the remaining color to be removed in solution. In this case, a chicken egg was etched to reveal a white layer beneath the natural brown glossy topcoat. I sketch a flower and vine pattern on the brown portion of the shell and use a high speed drill to hand carve the design'
So impressed. I think thats a good note to end it on. Have a lovely long weekend everyone and a 
 Happy Easter. And If you're around Naas tomorrow between 10 and 3 pop in and say hello. There are lots of yummy food stands to browse through too.

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about