Will you be my Valentine ... today tomorrow and yesterday

'It is difficult for a woman to define her feelings in a language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs' - Thomas Hardy 

As all the shop windows keep telling us, the countdown is on to Valentines Day. While I'm of the persuasion that romance should be of the spontaneous variety; a flea market find persuaded me to  dedicate a moment or two to the subject. I was even inspired to create a card for the occasion.

I was indulging in one of my favourite pastimes on Sunday morning, browsing my way through a flea market in the Liberties, when I found these little treasures. From circa the late 1890's to the mid 1920's they are a beautiful window into a time long past.





 Here is to romance that occurs more than once a year,
to the smallest of gestures at the most unexpected of moments,
to the idea of gentle courtship and stolen kisses,
to the undefinable in us all.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ahhhh le romance, j'adore! xxx

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about