Wednesday finds ... The world beneath our feet

 Stephen Alvarez is a photographer for National Geographic. I've been a fan of his work for a while now and I just had to share his latest series of photographs entitled 'Earth from Below'. 

 An avid cave diver, Alvarez has captured perfectly a world that I can only guess at. In this day and age there are very few corners of the world that have been left unexplored, but the world beneath our feet is one such place. Alvarez captures perfectly the majesty, beauty and most breathtakingly the sheer scale of these caves.





 When I saw this image above I couldn't quite believe that this was IN a cave.


You can also see his other work on his blog here.
Also on his blog is a trailer for James Cameron's new film Sanctum based on the true story of a cave diving expedition gone wrong. Having just watched it; I don't think I'll be venturing into any deep dark chasms any time soon!

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about