The institution of the cup of tea

 'Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world' -T'ien Yiheng

There are many solutions to all the woes of the world but one that any Irish person will swear by is a cup of tea. Everyone has their own exactly perfect way to drink it and the brand that they swear by. It's always offered and rarely refused.

 'There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.' - Henry James  The Portrait of a Lady

#1

I really really love these Dunk Mugs by the lovely Denise in her Etsy shop here. They sell like hot cakes so, if you're reading this state side, get clicking.


 'Tea should be taken in solitude' - CS Lewis

#2

And for those in fear of losing their Perfect Mug to some nefarious thief how fab is this Lock Cup concept from designer Efrat Gommeh. To be honest I think I'm more tickled by the idea of someone not seeing the hole... I'm mean, I know.


 'All true tea lovers not only like their tea strong, but like it a little stronger with each year that passes' - George Orwell

#3
 
From the ever interesting Suck I give you the My Cuppa mug. Inspired by the Pantone colour charts it tells you what tea you are.

 
I'd say I'm a milky. But growing stronger.


hmmm... I rather fancy putting the kettle on.

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about