Tuesday loves... Labour and Wait

Labour and Wait can be found on Cheshire Street just off Brick Lane in London. It is officially my new favourite street. Why? Don't wait for me to tell you, go find out yourself. But just to whet your appetite...

I mean what's not to like about a shop with lanterns adorning its facade. Had to take a peak inside
 
The first thing that strikes me is that this is a place that recongnises and celebrates the beauty of eveyday objects. The second thing, there is a strong sense of nostalgia to a lot of the products. It feels a bit like what you might have found in your grandmothers kitchen or good housekeeping book from the 1950's but in the best way possible.



They have a range of gorgous enamel kitchen ware including this enamel coffee pot, made in Japan.



Enamel soapdish



Rotary apple peeler, I have never before thought I needed one of these, but looking at this I had the strong suspicion that I could no longer live without it.




Im a sucker for beautiful packaging

 
How very 'Famous Five' is this Radio receiver kit

 
After spending far too long salivating over everything and indulging in secret house playing fantasties I leave with one of these Letterpress postcards. As the guvner once said I'll be back.

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about