Wednesday surfs for ... christmas

This post is not that international I'm afraid, unless of course you're planning an impromptu visit to ireland.

The National Crafts and Design Fair starts in the RDS in Dublin today. Its open from 10am to 10pm every day till Friday and till 7pm at the weekend.
I'm off to have a gander on Thursday and maybe make a few purchases, purely for research purposes of course, while I'm there. Among those there that I'm looking forward to are, Alan Ardiff who I already blogged about here
Remember?
And Ayelet Lalor. Stand B11. I'm still saving up for one of her pieces. But any time I see her work I fall a little bit more in love with it. Last time I checked her work is also available to buy in the DesignYard in Dublin, but its a lot cheaper if you buy directly from her (she has a studio in The Design Tower on Grand canal quay). I'm particularly partial to her Diva range.
Wine Diva with Dog
Green Diva
I'm sure there will be lots more to tell you about Friday.

Another Christmas Fair coming up soon is The 12 days of Christmas Market on in the IFSC at Georges Dock. It starts on the 12th of December and runs till the 23rd, so plenty of time to catch it. It has everything from food to gifts to santas grotto for the children.

And if you're twiddling your thumbs wondering what to do this weekend there's a Christmas Fair in Greystones on the seafront. I don't know much about it, its in St David's School where the car boot sales are run, but Greystones is always a good day out. If you do happen along you should also check out the Ecoshop. Last time I was there I took some pics of their offerings
A miniature car made entirely from beer cans.

An artdeco-esque box by Organica Functionarte, a british company.

Also available here (last time I checked) is one of my favourite Irish chocolate companies, Natashas Living Food, mainly for the beautiful packaging, though the chocolate is very tasty too.

And after all that shopping if you want to put your feet up somewhere and have some scrumptious food go to the Happy Pear, on the mainstreet, for a cafe with personality.


No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about