Alot of people would call me a hoarder, in my defence I'm pretty sure its genetic. But I like to think of myself as more of a collector. A gatherer of anything and everything. But all these items have one thing in common. Each and every one of them is destined to become something else, they just don't know it yet. And I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it takes me a while to get around to it but all good things come to those who wait.

I spent most of my weekends this summer going to car boot sales, selling off all the junk that had accumulated in our house over the years. Suddenly the world and his mother are off loading there 'valuables' on unsuspecting buyers, I like to think my produce was quality, but doesn't everyone.

And whether Its going to be a good day selling wise or not is completely hit and miss. For instance one of the first I did back at the end of June was in Sandymount and I had a really good day but fast forward to September and for no particular reason not so great. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom as to the whys of Car boot sale success?

A good site for finding CBS's is http://www.bootflea.com/dublin.html but generally googling the date, day and general location you want to do one in will do the trick.

No comments:

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Receive emails about